“You should have died when I killed you.”
A coward such as Amasis will die many deaths before he meets his actual end. A warrior of my calibur faces death only once in his life. Your biggest mistake
was not staying dead.
“Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.”
You and I have traveled to a time where death is feared. Why fear death? There is no outrunning it, no outliving it. Embrace it. Don’t fear the reaper.
Fear me. Fear the cause of death. Your suffering will be legendary, even in Duat!
"Just come here and die, child, while you still have the option of doing it quickly. "
You wear your heart on your sleeve, Amasis. I can see the vengeance that consumes you. I can feel the hate pumping through your fists.
You want to destroy me. You want blood for blood. That made getting you out in the open at "The Shoulder of Pallas" easy. Your death would have been painless.
Under Hypnosis, you wouldn’t have even known your demise was swiftly approaching. Yet, you thought it better to deceive me and take away something
that is so precious to me...now my throat is damaged beyond repair. The venom I spew to poison my enemies has now poisoned me. You will suffer for this
You say I’ve forgotten my roots. It's time to show you how wrong you are. Do you remember the process of mummification, Amasis? I do very well.
Let me remind you what that is:
1. Announcement of the Dead - Let the world know about your death.
2. Embalming the body - It's to prepare you for the next part.
3. Removal of Organs - The brain is removed with a hook through the nose, then a large incision is made by your ribs. Through that, the internal organs are removed.
4. Drying out of the body for 40 days - We don’t want your smell to attract vermin, do we?
5. Wrap the body in cloth and linens - After the body is mutilated, it's not a pleasant sight.
6. Lay the Sarcophagus to rest - Display the body for all my enemies to see until the end of time.
Now, imagine if it was me in charge of mummifying you, Amasis? Imagine if you were still alive through the whole process. Can you feel the fish hook
forcing its way through your nose? How about suffocating on your brain as it blocks your nasal cavities? How long would your screams last as I inched
your intestines out of your body? I can only assume you’d pass out halfway through. I’d leave you alive just long enough for you to see me close the
Sarcophagus lid on you. Then you’d just fade into the darkness. The 70 days it takes to complete the process would feel like an eternity. You brought
it to this point Amasis. The only way to end this now is to bury you. I will end this Amasis. I need only time to heal and prepare so that I am equal
to the task.
“The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.”